Thai-Style Ground Beef
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce
- 3 cups hot cooked short-grain white rice or jasmine rice
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add leek; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add beef; cook 7 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in curry paste and tomato sauce; cook until half of liquid evaporates (about 2 minutes).
- Add milk and next 4 ingredients (through fish sauce); cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve with the rice.
© 2009 Recipezaar