These creamy meatballs were for dinner tonight. I do not usually buy pre-made products but had some frozen meatballs to use up from a party in the freezer. I took a recipe I found and made modifications to what I believe is now tastier. If you like mushrooms you can use cream of mushroom soup instead.
- 2 cups frozen lean meatballs
- 1 can low fat cream of chicken soup (the condensed soup without diluting it.)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bunch chopped broccoli
GARNISH - parsley, snipped (optional)
- Combine the meatballs, soup, broth, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg in a large skillet; heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and broccoli, cover and heat for 5- 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.