Servings: Serves 6–8
- 8 ears corn on the cob
- 2 cups black beans (cooked or canned), drained and rinsed
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or basil, plus whole leaves for garnish
Shuck corn. In a shallow baking pan, stand each cob on its larger end, holding the tapered end with your noncutting hand. Using a sharp knife, slice kernels off; transfer kernels to a bowl. In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté kernels until just softened, 5 to 6 minutes. Return corn to bowl and add beans, scallions, tomatoes and red pepper.
In a small bowl, combine vinegar, salt, pepper and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Pour onto corn mixture, add cilantro or basil and mix well. Adjust seasoning to taste before serving.
Courtesy of Oprah.com