Now that I have told you my secret for easy to cook bacon, I thought I would post a delicious side dish that uses it. These are a fabulous treat with some barbecued chicken or steak and a salad. Yuuuummmm!!
Best Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices bacon, crisp and crumbled
- Microwave (or bake in oven at 400 for 1hr) the potatoes until done.
- Allow to cool a bit.
- Slice about a 1" strip of the skin off the top of each potato.
- Carefully scoop out the pulp, placing in a large bowl, and leaving potato shells intact.
- Mash the potato pulp along with the margarine.
- Add milk, sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper; combining well.
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato shells, piling high.
- Top with the crumbled bacon
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.