Original recipe found on Recipezaar (I made some modifications).
Chocolate Dream Bars
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate covered peanuts (i.e. Glossette's) or M&M's - (I prefer chocolate coating over candy coating)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Combine oatmeal, brown sugar, flour, coconut, baking soda, and salt; add melted butter and stir until moist (the mixture will be crumbly). Reserve 1 1/2 cups and press remaining crumbs into a greased 13X9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 12 minutes at 375°F.
- Combine milk and peanut butter; carefully spread over baked crust. Sprinkle on M&M's and chocolate chips. Sprinkle reserved crumbs over chocolate pieces and lightly press crumbs down.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting.