Granny Brown's Baked Lemon Pudding
2 Tbsp butter
1 cup sugar
4 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp lemon juice
grated zest of 1 lemon
3 eggs (separated)
1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, add sugar and cream together. Add flour, salt, lemon juice and rind.
- Beat egg yolks, add milk and combine with sugar/cream/flour mixture.
- Beat egg white till stiff and fold into the above mixture.
- Pour into buttered baking/deep souffle dish.
- Place dish in a pan of hot water and bake.
- Bake 45-55 minutes until set. Serve chilled or warm with fresh fruit of choice.