Thursday, May 13, 2010

Homemade Ravioli

Here's something I invented for dinner tonight. I had a few items to use up in the fridge so I put my creativity to work and here is what I came up with. If I do say so myself - it was delicious!!!


Try different stuffings and let the kids help out with the assembly.


Wonton Wrapper Ravioli


1 package store bought wonton wrappers
1 container light ricotta cheese
1 package frozen spinach - defrosted and squeezed dry
6 slices prosciutto diced
1/2 jar of pesto sauce
1 jar tomato sauce, heated


Instructions


Mix the ricotta, spinach, prosciutto and pesto together in a bowl.

Lay 12 of the wonton wrappers out on a flat work surface, and wet them lightly around the edges by brushing with a little water. Divide the cheese mixture among the wrappers, mounding approximately 1 tablespoon in the center of each. Cover with the remaining wrappers, aligning them with the squares beneath, and press gently around the edges to seal.  Repeat process with remaining 12 wrappers.
Bring 3 to 4 quarts of water to a strong boil in a large saucepan. Carefully place the filled wontons in the boiling water one at a time so they do not stick together or to the bottom of the pan. I usually cook them in two batches to be safe.  After a minute or so they will float to the top. Continue boiling gently for about 5 minutes.
Drain the ravioli and serve four per person, with sauce drizzled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment